Chocolate & Coconut Chia Cookies
Sometimes all you need is a really good cookie. Whether it's to be crumbled over some dairy-free ice cream or enjoyed with a cup of tea, if you're craving something really chocolatey, these will hit the spot perfectly!
When I cut out eggs I had to look to other options for a baking binding agent. I actually did a full post on lots of different alternatives which you can check out >here< but for these Chia seeds are perfect. When making these you can't help but notice that they are nutrient dense as well as delicious. You will be surprised how filling they are. I love them with a little bit of Vanilla Cashew butter spread on top also.
Cacao Coconut Cookies
- Main Ingredients
- 200 g of oat flour (just grind up jumbo oats)
- 100 g almonds
- 180 g hazelnuts
- 2 tablespoons of date syrup or agave
- 5 medjool dates, pitted
- 1 tablespoon desiccated coconut
- 3 heaped tablespoons of raw cacao powder
- 2 tablespoons of chia seeds - soaked in 6 tablespoons of water.
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- Turn on the oven to 180*
- Line a baking tray and lightly grease with coconut oil.
- Blitz all dry ingredients in a food processor until a fine flour is formed.
- Add the coconut oil and water until ball of dough is formed.
- Using an ice-cream scoop or spoon take out a 1/2 golfball size piece of dough and pat it between your palms till you get an even round flat biscuit shape.
- Continue until the tray is full.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
These taste incredible crumbled over some vanilla dairy-free ice-cream or coconut yogurt.
I hope you love these as much as I do!
Images- Brid O'Donovan.