I'm always looking for easy filling main courses and lentils are not only extremely reasonable, gram for gram they contain more protein than beef. They can be very bland by themselves but when I was experimenting one evening I made this in fifteen minutes with cupboard staples and honestly I love it now. I've made it for dinner parties and it goes down so well. You can bulk cook this and it also tastes nice cold if you want to take it for a packed lunch.
- 250g dry black lentils soaked and rinsed or 2 x 400g tins of black lentils rinsed well.
- olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic minced.
- 4 7/8 Milliliterof curry powder
- 1400 ml tin light coconut milk
- 1 vegetarian stock cube in a 250 ml water.
- salt and pepper to season.
- 4 lime leaves
- fresh coriander.
- Fry the garlic in olive oil for a minute to release the flavours.
- Add in the curry powder.
- Add the rinsed lentils and stir to mix the flavours evenly.
- Add the stock and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add in the coconut milk and lime leaves and leave to simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, take out the lime leaves.
- Add salt and pepper to your preference.
- Just before serving top with some fresh chopped coriander.
Let me know if you make these ?
Lots of love,