Turmeric Roasted Cauliflower
I first had roasted Cauliflower in a restaurant and I couldn't get over how tasty and satisfying it was was. I'd honestly never thought much of cauliflower but prepared right it can be surprisingly tasty.
I set out to create something similar at home and honestly I was so amazed how easy it was to turn it into this full of flavour and spice dish.
This is the most perfect side dish and is quick enough to have during the week and but also special enough to have at a dinner party. I love it with some tofu, a green salad and lots of hummus for a quick mid-week dinner.
Tumeric Roasted Cauliflower
- 2 heads of cauliflower
- 4 7/8 Milliliter ground cumin
- 2 3/7 Milliliter of paprika
- 4 7/8 Milliliter of turmeric
- 2 3/7 Milliliter of garlic powder
- a drizzle of olive oil
- salt and pepper to season
- Heat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Wash the cauliflower and remove the outer leaves.
- Break up the cauliflower into bite size pieces. I do this by hand.
- In a bowl mix the spices and olive oil evenly and then add the cauliflower. Using either a spoon or your hands coat the cauliflower in the spices as evenly as possible.
- Place onto a baking tray and cook for 30 minutes, tossing the cauliflower mid way through to make sure it cooks evenly and doesn't burn.
- Remove from the oven and season with salt and pepper to your preference and add some mixed seeds for a bit of extra texture. I used flax seeds but pumpkin or sesame would also work well.
- This can be served hot or cold and holds well in the fridge for up to three days.
I really hope you enjoy this!
Let me know if you try it !