Spiralized Courgetti With Slow Roasted Tomatoes and Olives
For a while Courgetti were a big thing on Instagram and I bought into it, but initially hated the taste. People suggested cooking them, or that they were similar to pasta and I found both were wrong!
I've researched it a lot and now make them this way at all my demonstrations as a gentle introduction into eating raw and I am always amazed at the response. So many people say this is their favourite thing they have tasted at the end of the day. A quick note on Spiralizers - you can get them cheaply from about €4 in supermarkets but my advice is spend a little more and get a better horizontal one as I have heard too many reports of accidents and injuries from the hand ones. This is the one that I use.
Also because this is such a simple dish - quality of ingredients will show. For the oil go for extra virgin olive oil if you can and for salt I love Maldron Sea salt.
Spiralized Courgetti With Slow Roasted Tomatoes
- 1 courgette per person
- 1/2 a clove of garlic
- 1/2 a large drizzle or dessertspoon of olive oil
- salt and pepper
- A handful of slow roasted tomatoes per person (place cherry tomatoes on a baking tray and cook on low 60* for up to an hour until tender)
- fresh basil leaves for serving.
- Spiralize the courgette.
- Place in a mixing bowl with a pinch of salt to allow the flavours to ‘sweat’. This will take about 1 minute.
- Toss in olive oil and pepper and stir in the tomatoes and season with the pepper to your preference.
- Top with basil.
- Serve immediately.
- You could also add pine nuts and black olives to the dish which works really well.
If you have any questions or if you make this let me know in the comments below!
Lots of love,